New features added to Liquidshop v3
We are always for new and updated features to add to our Liquidshop v.3 system, particularly when they make our clients websites more secure, improves the ease of use for customers, and add to the overall user experience. It’s important that we test each new function before integration into the Liquidshop v.3 platform, to ensure its compatibility with the current features that are already present on the system. We do this through testing them on a demo store, in order to fully understand how the function works on a practical level, and any issues that it creates for the site that need to be solved, so we can pass that knowledge onto our clients for assistance in choosing the right features.
Latest new features
We’ve recently added a range of new features available on Liquidshop v.3, all of which we believe stand to add value to your ecommerce website, through improved usability and functionality.
- Social login: We’ve added the ability to allow customers to create an account on your website, using their Facebook credentials for their data. This is often an easier and quicker method for creating an account, and therefore could entice more customers to create an account, whereas previously they wouldn’t have done. This potentially means a larger customer base, meaning more people to target with newsletter update and promotions.
- Responsive shopping carts: We’ve added more functionality to the purchasing experience for customers on your ecommerce website. When a customer adds a product to their basket, they can have related products displayed below, as well as the ability to edit the quantity in their basket from the pop-up, whilst it also displays review stars and a short description of the product. All three act as both a function for potential up-selling of new products, and demonstrates that your website is responsive and understands what the needs of the customer are. It’s also helpful to display the review and description of the product, as this helps to inform the purchase and make the customer more confident that they are making the correct decision to purchase the item. The more information displayed, the better.
- SEO Toolkit update: A new feature for our clients who want to improve their SEO scores, getting their web content higher up the search engine result pages. When you add content on to your website, such as images, products and descriptions, a pop-up will appear that gives feedback, such as marking the quality and quantity of the links on a page, or the meta tags on images, to give the user a better idea of the potential SEO results that the page will receive. This is a great tool to help drive traffic to your ecommerce website through improved SEO.
- Updated banner functions: The new banner functions include a wider range of sizes, the ability to add more detailed content, and the ability to add one banner which responds to different sized dependent on the device being used to view the site. This makes the site more responsive, and improves the experience for the user of the site through adapting to different devices, ensuring that any device can be used to easily visit and look around the site. Multiple links can be added to a single banner, so, for example, you can display different products and have the individual links to them all within a single banner at the top of the homepage.
- Mega menus: The mega menus function allows for more dynamic menus on your site, which supports multiple options and categories to be added within one drop down function. It allows for large menus, with different text sizes and multiple links. Combined with clean, eye catching design, it’s a great way for visitors to be welcomed on to the site.
- Special offers: Special offers are a big part of modern ecommerce. It’s crucial that you have the ability to exploit days such as Black Friday with appropriate discounts, and also be able to implement different offers throughout the year. These are often complex, such as 3 for 2 or mix and match bundles, but the support teams can ensure consistent functionality for these offers, allowing you to be confident enough to offer a wide range of promotions and offers to your customers. The team will be on hand to guide you through the entire process of building and supporting the offers.
Please contact our support team to find out more and availability for your store – contact us by clicking here.
Give us a call on 01174034072 or send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
More Posts From Our Blog
2019 is here, and the new year provides a great opportunity to refresh your ecommerce website, through adding new features and updating content. Adding web banners Web banners are a great way to keep your ecommerce website homepage looking fresh, and making viewers...read more
The development team at Liquidshop have implemented another new feature into v3, continuing our ongoing committment to continually developing and testing new features we feel stand to add value to our clients websites. This feature is called the Visual Merchandiser....read more
Support Team member Tom has put together a handy how-to guide for creating banners for your Liquidshop v3 website. The step-by-step guide allows you to create attractive banners for your website, which can be used to advertise the latest offers, promote new products...read more
Flanci Activewear recently saw their Liquidshop ecommerce website go live, marking the first website for the start-up company. This is Flanci's first ever ecommerce website, being a start-up company. which makes it extremley gratifying for the team here at Liquidshop....read more
We're here to support your Liquidshop website whenever you need us, with support available across the busy festive period. Looking for advice or a quick fix? Head over to our Helpdesk, which contains loads of helpful articles and guides on getting the most out of your...read more
Our design and support team are constantly looking at different ways to develop and update our features available on Liquidshop v.3, all to help improve our clients websites and the user experience for their customers browsing the site. The latest new feature,...read more
If your businesses website has an ecommerce section, chances are you’ve experienced a technical issue that has slowed it down, or stopped it dead in its tracks, at some point. That issue can come from a variety of sources, and can sometimes just be a result of human...read more
On Tuesday, two of the Liquidshop team, Marketing Executive Dominic Mayo and Business Development Manager Nick Donovan, headed out to Taunton to attend a Google Digital Workshop, run in partnership with Lloyds Bank. We enjoyed a talk from Patrick...read more
There’s no getting around it - Amazon are massive. In 2017, they made over $1 billion in sales on Black Friday alone, with that figure almost certain to rise this year. Their vast Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales spans an entire 10 day period, with...read more
Launching a new website and ecommerce platform can be a big step for some - it could be the company's first step into the world of online retail and web design. Our job at Liquidshop is to use our expertise and skills to guide the customer through the...read more